The Abandoned Lookout is a Shelter in Coastal Highway at the top of the mountains.
In the Abandoned Lookout there is a Pot Belly Stove, a Bed, a flipped up Armchair, a Cupboard, and Metal Shelving for a Hunting Rifle (sometimes) on the wall. You can usually find a Mountaineering Rope, Rifle Rounds under the Armchair, a Rifle Cleaning Kit under the Bench, and a Hunting Knife on the Bench.
- At the bottom/front entrance of the Abandoned Lookout, there are 2 Rose Hip Bushes.
- At the bottom/front entrance of the Abandoned Lookout, on a nearby tree, there is a spawn for Old Man's Beard Lichen.
- In the surrounding area, there are a couple of Cedar Logs and Fir Limbs to be cut.
Key Access Areas
- At the back/near the cliff-side of the Abandoned Lookout, there is a rock that allows the usage of the Mountaineering Rope.
- Down a 2nd steppe of cliff edge, there is another rock that already has a Mountaineering Rope attached to it.
- This key structure is located next to the exit/entrance of Coastal Highway (Cinder Hills Coal Mine).
- There's commonly a Wolf Wandering Path for the area around the Abandoned Lookout and he will trigger by you simply walking outside of the sheltered part (despite still being at the top of the lookout).
- On route to Cinder Hills Coal Mine, there can be up to 2 Wolves in a single attack radius that will charge and stalk you (even with a flare out) on Stalker Difficulty.